Formerly called La Grande Salle, Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier is the largest Italian-theatre-style performance venue in Québec. It hosts major shows from Place des Arts’ two resident companies, the Opéra de Montréal and Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal.
- Capacity: 2,996 seats
- Perfect for: large-scale shows, operas, musical comedies, dance shows, convocations, and rock, jazz and pop concerts.
- Note: major renovations since 2013 include:
- revamped outdoor colonnade
- replaced seats
- renovated orchestra pit, which can hold up to 100 musicians
- redesign of the backstage areas, the multi-purpose room and the dressing rooms
- installation of high-end d&b audiotechnik brand sound equipment (used by halls such as the Sydney Opera House, the Apollo Theater in New York, Salle Louis-Fréchette at the Grand Théâtre de Québec and Massey Hall in Toronto).
- Other features: modern, bright rehearsal space with natural-light backlighting and an indoor loading dock that provides direct access to the stage. Dimensions: 47 by 17 metres.