Residencies in a Place des Arts rehearsal room or performance space allows artists to develop new performing arts projects, under the best possible conditions.
Through its Artists’ Residency Program, Place des Arts seeks to support the research, experimentation, and creative activities of both professional and emerging artists.
To date, the program has been host to several hundred artists. Each year, the program also provides support for three co-productions, as well as for the emerging artists of the SACEF and the Atelier lyrique de l'Opéra de Montréal.
The optimal artistic working conditions provided through residencies foster the production of original new works. We thereby contribute to the presentation of dozens of shows each year.
Among the artists who benefited from the program in 2019-2020 are Kid Koala (The Storyville Mosquito) and PPS Danse (Le trésor), both of which presented premieres of their work in the Cinquième Salle.
Some examples of the artists whose work we have supported:
- Rhodnie Désir (BOW'T TRAIL Tio'tia:ke)
- Marie-Hélène Bellavance, Corpuscule Danse (Géographie)
- Liberté-Anne Lymberiou (UBUNTU 2020)
- Cirque Eloize for HOTEL
- Loui Mauffette for Chansons pour filles et garçons perdus
- Sacré Tympan for Chante, Edmond!
- Mani Soleymanlou for their play 8
- Pierre-Paul Savoie for the shows Les Chaises, Corps Amour Anarchie and Le trésor
- Dave St-Pierre and Anne Le Beau for the show Suie
- Marie-Josée Bastien, Simon Boudreault and Jean-Guy Legault for the play Gloucester
- Margie Gillis for their Legacy Project
- Isabelle Van Grimde for their installation-performance Corps secret/Corps public
- The harpist Valérie Milot for their project Orbis
- Hélène Blackburn for the show 9
- Pierre Labbé for their show Chante, Edmond!
- Kid Koala for the show Storyville Mosquito
- Hugo Bélanger and his team from the Tout à Trac theater company for the show Pinocchio
And many others...