Maison symphonique Rental
Inaugurated in 2011, the Maison symphonique is a classical music hall built to the most exacting international standards of natural acoustics, stage design and architecture. Its perfect visibility and immersive intimacy give audiences an exceptional audio and visual experience.
The Maison symphonique is the home venue for the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal (OSM) nearly 240 days of the year. It also hosts other ensembles such as the Orchestre Métropolitain, Les Violons du Roy, I Musici de Montréal, the Orchestre classique de Montréal, and concerts and recitals by the Pro Musica Society.
Through a public-private partnership (PPP), Groupe immobilier Ovation, led by SNC-Lavalin, was charged with designing, building and opening the Maison symphonique de Montréal; Place des Arts manages the space’s programming on days when it is not reserved for the OSM.
- Capacity: 2,100 seats.
- Perfect for: major symphony orchestras, small ensembles, soloists, instrumentalists, song recitals, piano recitals, choirs, jazz musicians and pop artists.
- Other specifications:
- The stage can hold up to 200 chorists and 120 musicians.
- Dimensions: 18 by 14 metres.
- Adjustable set equipment (mobile ceiling panels) allow for great acoustic flexibility for various types of events, including classical concerts and lectures.
- The design was created by acoustician Russell Johnson to meet the highest design standards in the field, in order to insulate the space from noise and vibrations from both inside and outside.
- 70% of the room’s surfaces feature veneers done in beech wood from the Outaouais.