Amphithéâtre Fernand-Lindsay | Page for Producers
The Amphithéâtre Fernand-Lindsay (formerly the Amphithéâtre de Lanaudière) is an outdoor show venue with exceptional acoustics in a remarkable natural setting. Located in Joliette, in the Lanaudière region, it plays host to open-air classical and pop concerts. The Société de la Place des Arts has managed the Amphithéâtre Fernand-Lindsay since 1995.
The Amphithéâtre Fernand-Lindsay is the main concert venue for the Festival de Lanaudière, Canada’s biggest classical music festival. It also hosts other renters, such as the Sinfonia de Lanaudière, as well as outdoor film screenings.
- Capacity: Seats 2,000 people under the roof and has space for 5,000 people to sit on the lawn.
- Perfect for: classical music concerts with large ensembles, symphony orchestras and soloists.
- Three large parking lots with a capacity of more than 1,600 cars.
- Remarkable, world-renowned acoustics, an accomplishment we owe to architect Michel Gallienne, set designer Yvon Sanche and acoustics consultant Lionel J. Lortie.
- The amphitheatre operates during the summer season only.