Conditions of Sale - Parking
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to any rental (monthly, daily or any other duration) of a parking space made by a customer (referred hereinafter as the “customer” or “you”) with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montreal (the "PdA") (the “Rental”) through its box office service (the “PdA Box Office") or its websites (www.placedesarts.com, www.laplacedesarts.com, www.pda.qc.ca) (collectively, the “Website”). By renting a parking space with the PdA, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
- A Rental made through the Website must be paid using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card. A Rental may also be made in person at the parking’s main gate and paid in cash or credit card, or in the case of monthly Rental by cheque or credit card. Any payment is subject to approval of the PdA and the financial institutions that issue the accepted credit cards, if applicable, and their respective credit card processors.
In order to proceed to a Rental, you must complete all the fields on the reservation form and provide your name, street and email address as well as any required credit card information if a credit card used to make the Rental.
A Rental may not be made in the name or address of a third party.
- The price for a Rental is set by the PdA and is in Canadian dollars. The price includes all applicable taxes and is subject to change without notice.
- In the event that a monthly Rental is made, a ten dollar refundable deposit is required for the issuance of a parking access card once all the formalities are completed and payment is received. The access card will remain active from the 1st day of the month selected to the last day of that month. Should payment not be received before the first day of the following month, the access card will be deactivated and the customer will not have access to the parking thereafter.
In the event that a monthly Rental is purchased after the beginning of a month, the price for such monthly Rental remains the same and no compensation may be claimed to the PdA for any unused proportion of such month. Moreover, no compensation may be claimed from the PdA in the event that the customer ceases to use his parking access card before the end of a month.
- The customer must carefully verify the selected month or day, as the case may be, BEFORE proceeding to the Rental. NO REFUND, EXCHANGE OR CANCELLATION is possible once the Rental has been paid and the parking access card or ticket has been issued.
- Any parking access cards issued further to the payment of a monthly Rental may be picked up at the parking’s main gate located at 1450 St-Urbain Street, from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 6 pm, free of any delivery fee.
Only the customer whose name appears on the credit card or cheque used for the payment of the monthly Rental can pick-up his parking access card at the parking’s main gate, upon presentation of a proof of identity.
- The PdA may not be held liable for any claim and/or damages in the event that a Rental cannot be completed, by the PdA or the customer, due to the failure, the malfunction and/or an error of PdA’s computer system and/or ticketing system, the Internet, the telephone network of the PdA’s Box Office or any other parking space rental network.
- The PdA reserves the right to cancel a Rental and to disable any parking access card issued with respect to a monthly Rental, in the event that the price for such Rental is inaccurate, due to a technical failure of the Website, a human error or any other cause.
- In the event of a loss of his parking access card, the customer may request that the PdA issues a new parking access card. Subject to certain verifications, the PdA may issue a new parking access card and require the payment of a deposit of ten dollars ($10), which will be refunded at the time of the return of the parking access card.
- A parking access card or a parking ticket is deemed invalid if a sworn complaint of theft is made with respect thereto to a police station. The PdA reserves the right to deny access to its parking to anyone holding a parking access card or a parking ticket that is stolen, falsified or that does not appear to be genuine. A parking access card or a parking ticket may not be assigned, sold, resold or transferred.
- THE PDA WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS OF VANDALISM OR THEFT COMMITTED ON ANY VEHICLE OR PROPERTY IN THE PARKING. THE CUSTOMER MUST TAKE ALL SECURITY MEASURES IN THIS REGARD AND MUST ENSURE ITS VALUABLES ARE PROPERLY AND SECURELY STORED. ANY INCIDENT MUST BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CENTRAL SECURITY STATION AT 514-285-4202
- Customers holding a monthly parking access card have 24 hours access to the parking of PdA, every day of the week.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada, regardless of any conflict of laws principles. You hereby acknowledge that any dispute regarding these Terms will be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts sitting in the judicial district of Montreal, Province of Québec.