Conditions of sale - Box Office and services
The following conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all purchases of tickets for shows or events presented by an event provider (the "Event Provider") and made with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal (the “PdA”) through its box office service (the "PdA Box Office") or its websites (www.placedesarts.com, www.laplacedesarts.com, www.pda.qc.ca) (collectively, the "Website"). By purchasing a ticket from the PdA Box Office or its Website, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
1. The ticket prices are set by the Event provider and are in Canadian dollars. Service fees are included in the price of each ticket and are calculated as follows:
- Ticket from $0 to $30.00 (before taxes): $4.25 per ticket;
- Ticket from $30.01 to $50.00 (before taxes): $5.75 per ticket;
- Ticket from $50.01 and $100.00 (before taxes): $7.25 per ticket;
- Ticket from $100.01 and more (before taxes): $8.75 per ticket;
- Montreal Symphony Orchestra’s concerts ticket, presented at the Maison symphonique: $10.35 per ticket.
As well, for certain shows, the Event provider may impose a management fee. Such fee is included in the ticket price, when applicable.
2. An Event provider may offer discounts on group tickets. In this case, service fees are set at $4.25 per ticket and are included in the price of each ticket.
3. In the event a ticket is lost or forgotten, the PdA Box Office - after some routine checks - can issue a duplicate ticket. A fee of $4.25 per ticket is applicable.
An Event Provider may set a limit to the number of tickets that can be sold to a single client. Orders for which the number of tickets exceed such limit or multiple orders using the same client name, billing address, and credit card information may be cancelled without notice at the PdA’s or the Event Provider’s discretion.
Online purchases must be made using Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards. Debit cards are as well accepted when the purchase takes place directly at the PdA Box Office ticket counter. All orders are subject to approval by the PdA, the financial institutions that issue the accepted credit or debit cards and their credit or debit card processors.
4. Clients must carefully review the name of the show, the date, and the ticket category BEFORE proceeding with a purchase. Once an order has been processed, there can be NO REFUND, EXCHANGE, OR CANCELLATION. Programming, casts, dates, and times of shows are subject to change without notice.
In the case of a discrepancy between the information provided during a reservation or a purchase from another ticketing system and the information registered to the PdA Box Office system, the latter will be deemed as the only information that is accurate and valid.
In exceptional circumstances, if tickets must be exchanged, the PdA Box Office will issue new tickets and service fees as provided herein will apply.
In the case of subscription tickets, an exchange fee of $3.75 per ticket applies.
5. At the time of purchase, the PdA Box Office ticketing system may provide the opportunity to select one or more seats from an interactive venue plan. The interactive venue plan is only available for purchases made with a desktop or laptop computer, but may also be disabled when tickets are first offered for sale, at the request of an Event Provider, or due to technical difficulties. When a client makes a purchase via a mobile device or a tablet, or when the interactive venue plan is disabled for any of the above described reasons, the PDA Box Office ticketing system will offer the best seats available in the venue for the category of tickets selected. The PdA declines any responsibility with respect to the availability of the interactive venue plan and the choice and quality of seats offered by the PdA Box Office ticketing system in the absence of an interactive venue plan.
6. Ticket purchases on the Website must be made by credit card. In such case, you must complete all fields on the reservation form and submit your name, street and email address and all other required credit card information. Purchases made using the name or address of a third party are not allowed.
7. Event Providers may occasionally offer discounts or rebates on certain ticket categories. These discounts and rebates may apply to one or several purchase methods. They are generally valid only for a limited time and do not apply to purchases made before the discount or rebate offer is announced.
8. Delivery Methods
Charges may apply for the delivery of tickets. They are determined as follows:
- Electronic tickets (if available): no delivery fee;
- Tickets picked up at the PdA Box Office: $3.50 per order;
- Tickets sent by mail: $3.50 per order.
Electronic tickets are available up to 48 hours prior to the event. Thereafter, they must be picked up at the box office, free of any delivery fee.
Tickets, other than electronic tickets, may not be sent by regular mail service less than seven days before a show. They must therefore be picked up at the PdA Box Office and a $3.00 delivery fee per order will apply.
At any time, the PdA offers an express mail service. A fee of $17.50 per order is applicable. However, this service is only available to clients who provide a delivery address in large urban areas of the province of Quebec and Ontario.
Only the person whose name appears on the credit card used for the reservation can pick-up the tickets at the PdA Box Office ticket counter. Upon presentation of the credit card and a piece of identification, tickets can be picked up 48 hours after the reservation has been made. If a show takes place within a shorter time period, the tickets will be available at the PdA Box Office on the date of the performance. In the event that a show is cancelled, tickets will be refunded at the point of purchase, in the original payment method and as determined by the Event Provider.
9. The PdA will not be held liable in the event that a reservation or transaction cannot be completed, by the PdA or the client, due to the failure or the malfunction or the error of the PdA’s Box Office computer and ticketing system, the Internet, the telephone network of the PdA Box Office or any other ticket reservation network. In addition, the PdA will not be liable in the event of the cancellation of a show caused by riots, fire, natural disasters or any other event of force majeure.
10. The PdA reserves the right to cancel a ticket and the purchase transaction made in respect thereto in the event that the price of a ticket is inaccurate, due to a technical failure of the Website, a human error or any other cause.
10. A ticket is deemed invalid if a sworn complaint of theft is made with respect thereto to the police station. The PdA reserves the right to deny access to anyone holding a ticket that is stolen, falsified or that does not appear to be genuine. A ticket may not be assigned, sold, resold or transferred, with or without consideration, without the express prior written consent of the PdA or the Event Provider, except to the extent permitted by law.
As a courtesy to other patrons and to the performers, latecomers or those who momentarily leave the venue during the performance will be reassigned to the nearest seat in due time.
Tickets of latecomers or those who momentarily leave the venue during the performance cannot be exchanged or refunded, and they are not entitled to any monetary compensation.
Disabled clients or those with high body mass may contact the PdA Box Office to obtain seats reserved for them.
The recording of sound or images through the use of a mobile or electronic devices or any other device (including a camera) is strictly prohibited during the show.
Cellular telephones and any other electronic device must be turned off during performances.
The purchaser and the holder of a ticket also agree to be bound by any policies or guidelines of the PdA, including those related to safety and proper behaviour, and not to disturb the show in any manner whatsoever. In case of non-compliance, the PdA reserves the right to require that the offender leaves the premises. His ticket will not be exchanged or refunded, and he will not entitled to any monetary compensation.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada, regardless of any conflict of laws principles. You hereby acknowledge that any dispute regarding these Terms will be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts sitting in the judicial district of Montreal, Province of Quebec.