9 - Cas Public & Kopergietery, Hélène Blackburn, Montreal, 2008, & Johan de Smet, Ghent
In 1989, Hélène Blackburn founded the Cas Public company, recently winner of the Conseil des arts de Montréal’s 32nd grand prize. For the last 28 years, the pieces that have punctuated Cas Public’s evolution attest to the pursuit of excellence in the renewal of gestural codes. Being hearing-impaired, a dancer and expressing oneself on Beethoven’s music. Such is the true story that Hélène Blackburn and Belgian playwright Johan de Smet offer us in her piece 9. In coproduction with Kopergietery, the piece finds itself across generations, pushing back against the borders of silence so that differences are quieted and the body becomes language.
- Performers Cai Glover, Robert Guy, Daphnée Laurendeau, Danny Morissette + un danseur à confirmer
- Director and Choreographer Hélène Blackburn
- Music (composition) Martin Tétreault
- Costumes Michael Slack et Hélène Blackburn
- Lighting Emilie B-Beaulieu et Hélène Blackburn
- Photography Cintia Pimentel / Marian Starosta / Manuela Abdala
- Producer Tatiana Garcias
- Dramaturgy by Johan De Smet
- Scenography de Hélène Blackburn
- With the participation of children from the Gent neighbourhood Rabot: Seymanur Kizilca, Evgeni Miroslavov, Chaz Keith Salfamones, Ramzi Serrai, Burhan Zambur
- 9 is a creation by Cas Public, in coproduction with Kopergietery, Spect'Art Rimouski and the Place des Arts de Montréal. This creation has benefitted from a creative residency at the Place des Arts (Montréal), the Mercier cultural centre (Montréal), the Frontenac cultural centre (Montréal), the Kopergietery (Gent), the Tarmac - la scène internationale francophone (Paris) et the Banff Centre.
- PROMOTION : 1 adult + 1 child (16 year-old and less) : child admission is free; other children: $20.00 each (at the box office or by phone only).
PROMOTION : 1 adult + 1 child (16 year-old and less) : child admission is free; other children: $20.00 each (at the box office or by phone only).