Au rythme des mots
The “Au rythme des mots” project introduces young people to the rhythmic and coded writing of hip hop and spoken word performance. Hip hop is an engaged form of art that gives young people a chance to work with wordplay, use rhythm, and express themselves freely.
School levels: High school 1 to 5 and Accueil intermediate and advanced
Educational Approach to the Project
Workshops and a performance give students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the rhythmic and coded writing of hip hop. Workshops immerse students in the creative process and provide them with the knowledge and tools related to the discipline. At the project’s conclusion, students will understand the work that an artist must accomplish before taking a performance to the stage.
- A pedagogical kit
- Two workshops with an artist-mediator present at the school
- A show by the main artists at Place des Arts
Performance of Sam Faye and D-Track – Stéréo
Sam Faye and D-Track deliver raps laced with humour, addressing subjects drawn from everyday life. They perform a colourful show highlighting the boom bap, trap, and funk styles, standing out through the quality of their writing and their on-stage rapport. Sam Faye is known for his relaxed style and ease on the mic, while D-Track is recognized for his versatile writing, humour, and energetic verve. This symbiosis of two distinct personalities makes for a unique performance.
- An educational toolkit (study guide for the project - French only, video interview with Sam Faye and D-Track - French only, and the video tutorial: Conseils pour écrire une chanson hip hop - French only).
- Teacher’s training (éducation esthétique: November 17 and 18, 2022 at the Place des Arts) - optional.
- 2 workshops given by an artist: December 2022 to May 2023.
- A performance Sam Faye and D-Track (Stéréo), followed by a discussion: April 4, 2022 (90 minutes each, including a discussion) at the Théâtre Maisonneuve.
Targeted School Subjetcs
- French as a second language
- English as a second language
- History and Citizenship Education
- Contemporary World
- Ethics and religious culture
Sign Up Now!
Cost per project: $12 per person (students and teachers)