Au rythme des mots
The “Au rythme des mots” project introduces young people to the rhythmic and coded writing of hip hop and spoken word performance. Hip hop is an engaged form of art that gives young people a chance to work with wordplay, use rhythm, and express themselves freely.
Educational Approach to the Project
Workshops and a performance give students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the rhythmic and coded writing of hip hop:
- Writing workshops led by artist-mediators at school
- Performance by the main artists at Place des Arts (or webcast)
- Opportunity for students to take part in a public event at Place des Arts at the end of the project
At the project’s conclusion, students will understand the work that an artist must accomplish before taking a performance to the stage.
School levels: High school 1 to 5 and Accueil intermediate and advanced
Workshops immerse students in the creative process and provide them with the knowledge and tools related to the discipline. Concepts specific to the performance they will attend are also addressed in the workshops.
Performance – Stéréo
Sam Faye and D-Track deliver raps laced with humour, addressing subjects drawn from everyday life. They perform a colourful show highlighting the boom bap, trap, and funk styles, standing out through the quality of their writing and their on-stage rapport. Sam Faye is known for his relaxed style and ease on the mic, while D-Track is recognized for his versatile writing, humour, and energetic verve. This symbiosis of two distinct personalities makes for a unique performance.
Project Steps Details
- Distribution of the educational toolkit (study guide for the project, video interview with Sam Faye and D-Track, and the video tutorial: Conseils pour écrire une chanson hip hop).
- Teacher’s training (éducation esthétique: November 2021 at the Place des Arts).
- Workshops given by an artist: December 2021 to May 2022.
- Performance by Stéréo, followed by a discussion: April or May, 2022 (90 minutes each, including a discussion) at the Théâtre Maisonneuve.
- Opportunity for students to perform before an audience at Place des Arts at the project’s conclusion.
Targeted School Subjetcs
- French as a second language
- English as a second language
- History and Citizenship Education
- Contemporary World
- Ethics and religious culture
- Registrations begin in the fall.
- Space is limited, register as soon as possible: placedesartseducation.com
- Contact us to get on our mailing list: email@example.com