The best way to find out about all of the shows taking place in our performance halls is through the Events section on our website. You can search by discipline, producer, date, etc. There is no print version of our events program available, given the number of shows added on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
Place des Arts sends out a newsletter that lists upcoming shows and activities. You can sign up to hear about all of our programming on a regular basis and stay informed about presales and exclusive offers. Sign up to receive our newsletter
You have several options:
● By metro: simply get off at the Place des Arts station on the green line and make your way to your concert hall without ever stepping outside.
● By bus: some ten different bus routes stop near Place des Arts, making it easy to get here.
● By bike: there are several self-service bike terminals and bike stands located close to Place des Arts during the season.
● By car: think ahead and purchase your parking ticket in advance to take advantage of a discount!
Yes, Le Seingalt, Place des Champs, and Van Houtte restaurants are located directly within Place des Arts, and there are several more restaurants just steps away. For more information, see our Restaurants page.
Yes, according to the following schedules:
● Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, Théâtre Maisonneuve, Maison symphonique and Théâtre Jean-Duceppe: October 1 to April 30.
● Maison symphonique: October 31 to May 31.
● Cinquième Salle: upon the producer’s request
● Salle Claude-Léveillée: self-serve cloakroom.
Yes (except as otherwise request by producers). Before show time and at intermission, the bars are open to ticket holders in the venue foyers and offer a choice of drinks and snacks. These spaces are accessible 45 minutes before show time.
Once in the hall, pre-order your drink at the bar, before the show begins, and pick it up at the intermission and avoid the queue.
No food or beverages from outside sources are allowed. Beverages and snacks—even if purchased on-site—may also be forbidden within performance halls, at the producer’s request. To make sure, ask an usher or a bar employee.
Yes, booster seats are available for children in every venue. The number of children attending certain shows is such that it is impossible for us to meet every request. In such cases, requests are handled on a “first come, first served” basis.
All venues at Place des Arts are equipped with an audio system that enables people who are hearing-impaired to tune in to the show’s signal. Simply bring your portable radio or music device with headphones, but please note that PdA does not rent out audio devices.