Ticket Donation Policy
Each year, the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal (the “Société”) contributes to our collective vitality and well-being by supporting various organizations in achieving their financial goals. The Société supports these organizations by providing them with donations in the form of tickets to performances. The choice of shows is at the Société’s discretion.
These tickets may be offered in a draw or an auction with the sole purpose of allowing the requesting organization to raise funds. These tickets may not be used as door prizes or awards of appreciation.
Due to its status as a public body, the Société does not make any monetary donations.
The Société favours requests:
- from non-profit organizations recognized as charitable organizations by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- from organizations mainly active in the spheres of arts and culture. Occasionally, requests from organizations involved with youth or in the field of education will be considered.
The Société will refuse requests:
- from organizations involved in lobbying, political activism and rights defense.
- from political parties, political organizations and interest groups advocating a political ideology.
- from individual projects.
- from conferences or meetings.
The Société will take the following into account when evaluating donation requests:
- the nature of the requesting organization
- the nature of the request
- history of previous donations and profits generated by these donations to the organization, if applicable
- employee, management or board member commitment to the organization.
Allocation of donations
In order to support as many organizations as possible, the Société has established a ticket allocation procedure based on the following factors:
- Only one request per organization and per fiscal year (the Société’s fiscal year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 the following year).
- Donations are not automatically renewed. Each new request must be submitted for evaluation.
Mentioning the donation
Organizations receiving a donation from the Société must mention the donation on their various communications platforms as follows:
“Donated by the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal” or
“The Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal has donated...”
Making a donation request
Place des Arts asks that organizations wishing to make a request for donations download and complete this form (French only) at least one month before the date of their event.
Once completed, the form must be sent by fax to 514 285-1968, by email at email@example.com or by mail to:
Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal
Direction du marketing et des communications
260 boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H2X 1Y9