MELT (a PREFIX for a PRAYER) - James Viveiros, Montreal, World premiere
James Viveiros, emeritus dancer for over 16 years with the Marie Chouinard Company, choreographs and dances his first solo as a dancing meditation, searching for freedom, that invites the audience to abandon their fears and inhibitions to open themselves to a better self-understanding.
- Performer and choreographer: James Viveiros
- External viewpoint: Martha Carter and Genevieve Boulet
- Costumes: Naomi Avidar
- Lighting: Robin Kittel
DANCERS - Sònia Gómez and Marc Béland (2013, 2012), Barcelona and Montreal
Marc Béland, dancer, actor and scenographer emeritus has already presented his work three times at FQD. This time, we will witness a straightforward duo, reinterpreting the original solo by Sònia Gómez Vicente, which unites these two great artists around a shared complicity, where force, sensitivity, power, and finesse intertwine.
- Concept: Sònia Gómez
- Performers and choreographers: Marc Béland and Sònia Gómez
- Consultant: Alix Dufresne
- Manager: Jérôme Dufresne
- Production representative: Stéphanie Hinton
- A coproduction by Agora de la danse and Mercat de les Flors.
- Creative residencies at El Graner (Barcelona), Sala Hiroshima (Barcelona) and Espace Marie Chouinard (Montréal)
- Support from the Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec and the Canada Council for the Arts.
PROMOTION : When you buy 4 tickets and more for the same show or for different shows, get 20% off (at the box office or by phone only).