1 show + 1 Optional Workshop
The cultural outing gives high school students the opportunity to see a show at Place des Arts, learn about how it was created, and meet with its artists. Through this experience, students develop their ability to appreciate art by taking part in activities in which they work with their teachers and artist-mediators.
School levels: High school 1 to 5 and Accueil beginner, intermediate and advanced
Educational approach of the project
The workshop immerse students in the creative process and provide them with the knowledge and tools related to the discipline. Workshop and a show allow students to familiarize themselves with a performing arts discipline.
- A pedagogical kit
- One optional workshop with an artist-mediator present at the school, or at Place des Arts
- A show at Place des Arts
In preparing for the workshop, students have access to various educational tools. The suggested activities are designed to be easily incorporated into the teaching of academic subjects on the school curriculum.
Performance of Tentacle Tribe – Ghost
- A pedagogical kit (project study guide (To come - French only), video-interview (To come - French only)).
- Teacher’s training (éducation esthétique: November 18 and 19, 2022 at the Place des Arts) - optional.
- One optional workshop led by an artist-mediator: from January to May 2023.
- Performance of Ghost, followed by a discussion: April 18, 2022 (90 minutes, including the discussion) in Théâtre Maisonneuve at Place des Arts.
Targeted School Subjetcs
- French as a second language
- English as a second language
- History and citizenship education
- Ethics and religious culture
- Contemporary World
Sign Up Now!
Cost per project: $12 per person (students and teachers)