Humour, côté cour, côté scène
The “Humour, côté cour, côté scène” project introduces young people to comedy writing, improvisation, and the performance of written text. Students learn how to transpose the humour that fuels their daily lives into artistic expression.
Educational Approach to the Project
Workshops and a performance give students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with writing and performing comedy on stage:
- Writing workshops led by artist-mediators at school
- Performance by the main artists at Place des Arts
- Opportunity for students to take part in a public event at Place des Arts at the end of the project
At the project’s conclusion, students will understand the work that an artist must accomplish before taking a performance to the stage.
School levels: High school 3 to 5
Workshops immerse students in the creative process and provide them with the knowledge and tools related to the discipline. Concepts specific to the performance they will attend are also addressed in the workshops.
Performance - Mehdi Bousaidan, Demain
With this show, Mehdi proves that his ambition goes well beyond just laughter. Comedian… hero to a generation… an original, cultured, charismatic young man who tackles weighty subjects in a brilliantly hilarious way. His ambition: to go beyond the laughter!
Project Steps Details
- Distribution of the educational toolkit (study guide for the project, video interview with Mehdi Bousaidan, and the video tutorial 3 trucs pour surmonter le syndrome de la page blanche).
- Teacher’s training (éducation esthétique: November 18 and 19, 2021 at the Place des Arts).
- 2 workshops given by an artist: December 2021 to May 2022.
- Performance by Mehdi Bousaidan, followed by a discussion: April 20, 2022 (90 minutes each, including a discussion) at the Théâtre Maisonneuve.
- Opportunity for students to perform before an audience at Place des Arts at the project’s conclusion.
Targeted School Subjetcs
- French as a second language
- Contemporary world
- History and citizenship education
- Ethics and religious culture
- Registrations begin in the fall, on September 13.
- Space is limited, register as soon as possible: placedesartseducation.com
- Contact us to get on our mailing list: email@example.com
About the Artist
Native from Algeria, Mehdi Bousaidan didn’t stop since his graduation from l’École nationale de l’humour. Finalist of the show En route vers mon premier gala in 2014, he since presented two solo shows during the Zoofest. We can also see him in television shows at Radio-Canada and VRAK. Inspired by actuality and his own reflexions, Mehdi uses difficult themes on stage to make his public laugh, turning every show into collective therapy.