The cultural outing gives high school students the opportunity to see a show at Place des Arts, learn about how it was created, and meet with its artists.
Through this experience, students develop their ability to appreciate art by taking part in activities in which they work with their teachers and artist-mediators.
Educational approach of the project
A workshop and a show allow students to familiarize themselves with a performing arts discipline.
- Workshops led by artist-mediators at school, at Place des Arts or by video
- Artistic performance at Place des Arts
- Opportunity for students to take part in a public event at Place des Arts (subject to availability)
In preparing for the workshop, students have access to various educational tools. The suggested activities are designed to be easily incorporated into the teaching of academic subjects on the school curriculum.
The show La Galerie introduces young people to the circus arts.
School levels: High school 1 to 5.
Workshops immerse students in the creative process and provide them with the knowledge and tools related to the discipline. Concepts specific to the performance they will attend are also addressed in the workshops.
Performance – La Galerie
Seven acrobats and a musician take over a monochromatic exhibition, which they transform into an explosion of colour. Taking a peek behind the scenes, the playful and touching characters joyfully poke fun at conventions. Dizzying acrobatics, touches of poetry, humour, and self-deprecation are on the program in this show that nurtures creativity and listening.
Project Steps Details
- Distribution of the educational toolkit.
- Teacher’s training (éducation esthétique: November 18 and 19, 2021 at the Place des Arts - optional).
- Workshops given by an artist: December 2021 to May 2022.
- Performance La Galerie, followed by a discussion: May 4 and 5, 2022 (90 minutes each, including a discussion) at the Théâtre Maisonneuve.
- Opportunity for students to perform before an audience at Place des Arts at the project’s conclusion.
Targeted School Subjetcs
- French as a second language
- English as a second language
- History and citizenship education
- Ethics and religious culture
- Contemporary World