A CAREER AT PLACE DES ARTS
Careers and employment
Working for the Société de la Place des Arts is above all a way of contributing to the mission of Canada’s greatest cultural complex. Located in the heart of Montréal’s Quartier des spectacles, our dynamic work environment provides jobs filled with exciting challenges.
We prioritize the well-being of our more than 300 employees! Here are a few benefits of a career in our organization:
- Diversified jobs in the fields of customer service, security, finance and administration, staging services, programming, communications and marketing, and building management. Use your skills and collaborate with colleagues doing likewise in their own fields of expertise!
- Competitive salaries, enhanced by the retirement plan for employees of the Québec government and public organizations;
- A competitive group insurance plan, depending on the type of position;
- Offices that are easily accessible by public transit;
- A continuing education program.
JOB OPENINGS (in French only)
The Société de la Place des Arts is committed to supporting and encouraging diversity in its workforce. We translate this commitment into action in keeping with the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
To reach our objectives, we encourage people from the following groups to apply:
- Members of visible minorities, meaning people who are members of a minority in relation to their race or skin colour;
- Members of ethnic minorities, meaning people other than Aboriginal people and visible minorities whose mother tongue is neither French nor English;
- People with disabilities;
- Aboriginal people, meaning the Indian, Inuit and Métis peoples of Canada.
In our pre-selection form, we invite you to identify yourself with one of the groups mentioned above when you submit your online application. The information gathered regarding access to equality in employment will serve only for the purpose of applying the Act. It remains strictly confidential and will only be known to the employees who manage human resources.
Are you interested in a position with our organization? You are cordially invited to submit your application online by filling out a short form that will help us set up your professional profile.
Make sure to upload your updated résumé and your cover letter in Word or PDF format.
HOW SELECTION WORKS
1. Pre-screening of applications
A human resources professional and the manager involved with the hiring will analyze the applications we receive and select the ones that best meet the job requirements.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
2. Interview and tests
In some cases, we may conduct a telephone interview to get more details about the information in your résumé. Otherwise, we will contact you directly by telephone for an interview at our offices.
Generally, the interview is conducted by a committee made up of a human resources professional and the manager of the department in question.
Candidates may be asked to take knowledge or skill tests, such as tests that verify their level of language skill or their knowledge of a software program, or specific tests related to the field of employment.
3. Reference-checking and screening
Integrity is one of our fundamental values. In some cases, human resources may, with your written consent, check your references or verify that your degree is valid.
As well, a pre-employment background check (credit or criminal record) may be conducted depending on the type of job. For this, we will ask you to fill out a written consent form.
4. Job offer
If you are selected, you will receive a letter of hire explaining your job conditions. Welcome to the big team at Place des Arts!