- Danse Danse
- Festival de Lanaudiere
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival
- Festival du Monde Arabe
- Festival International de Jazz de Montreal
- International Festival on Film on Art
- Festival international de littérature
- Festival Transamériques FTA
- Francofolies de Montréal
- Juste pour rire
- Orchestre Métropolitain
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal
- Festival Quartiers Danses
- Events by Category
ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE MONTRÉAL (OSM)
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal Discover the OSM with Patrice Bélanger À l'affiche
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal The OSM chorus sings Mozart & Schubert À l'affiche
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal Bernard Labadie conducts Haydn, Mozart & Beethoven À l'affiche
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal South American Journey À l'affiche
Kent Nagano, Music Director
The Orchestre symphonique de Montréal, led by Japanese-born American conductor Kent Nagano, is considered to be Canada’s most prestigious symphony orchestra, and is ranked among the finest orchestras in America.
Founded in 1934 by a group of devoted music lovers, with the backing of the Québec Government, the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal’s first Artistic Director was Montrealer Wilfrid Pelletier (1935-1941), whose name now graces the first concert hall built on the future site of Place des Arts in 1963.
Under the direction of Charles Dutoit (1977-2002), the OSM assumed an important place on the international stage. The OSM’s excellence has been demonstrated in a dazzling manner over the course of some 40 national and international tours to the four corners of the globe. The Orchestre has also produced close to 100 recordings that have earned countless awards.
At the head of the OSM since 2006, maestro Nagano wishes to preserve the central role of French music—the OSM’s “first language” that audiences have enjoyed for generations—while also emphasizing the music of the great German symphonic tradition and integrating contemporary music.
Since the fall of 2011, the OSM has had the privilege of appearing in the prestigious Maison symphonique.