- Danse Danse
- Festival de Lanaudiere
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival
- Festival du Monde Arabe
- Festival International de Jazz de Montreal
- International Festival on Film on Art
- Festival international de littérature
- Festival Transamériques FTA
- Francofolies de Montréal
- Juste pour rire
- Orchestre Métropolitain
- Orchestre symphonique de Montréal
- Festival Quartiers Danses
- Events by Category
- Orchestre Métropolitain Beethoven’s “Pastoral” À l'affiche
- Orchestre Métropolitain The Seven Last Words of Christ À l'affiche
- Orchestre Métropolitain Valérie Milot and Yannick Nézet-Séguin À l'affiche
Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Music Director
Comprised of Quebec-born musicians, who are also mainly Quebec-trained, the Orchestre Métropolitain boasts an international calibre of excellence as an organization dedicated to promoting wider public access to classical music and to strong community involvement, as well as to artistic innovation and creativity.
The Orchestre Métropolitain was founded in 1981 by some of the finest music graduates from Quebec schools. It continues to give pride of place to graduates of Quebec’s conservatories and music faculties, enabling them to gain national and international exposure.
The Orchestre Métropolitain owes its international calibre to the quality and reputation of its Principal Conductor and Artistic Director, Yannick Nézet-Séguin. This international status has won the attention of aspiring conductors and soloists at the forefront of the music world, who have enthusiastically accepted invitations from the Orchestra to perform as guest artists. Its reputation is also justified by the consistent quality of its performances and its numerous recordings, many of which have garnered several prizes and awards.
The orchestra has always been a pioneer in matters of education and of wider public access to classical music; beyond the season’s in-house concerts, it brings music to a whole range of Montreal audiences, and particularly to Montreal youth.