Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal
The Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal (the “PdA”, “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy in connection with the reservation or purchase of tickets for shows or events, the sale of ancillary services or when making donations to its Foundation.
- We have developed and implemented internal policies and procedures designed to provide adequate protection of the personal information in our possession and we review these on a regular basis;
- We educate our employees about the importance of protecting personal information by providing them with training on this topic;
- We take reasonable measures to ensure that our agents, mandataries, representatives and other external organisations comply with this Policy (e.g. event providers, Resident Companies (defined below), tickets issuance and delivery services providers, payment processors, parking services, data treatment and storage business, etc.);
- We have a dedicated employee responsible for issues of protection of personal information.
What Information Do We Collect
For the purposes of this Policy, « personal information » refers to any information that could allow an individual to be identified, such as a street or email address, telephone number or any medical or financial information.
Depending on the circumstances, here are some types of personal information that we may collect about you:
- Your name and correspondence language;
- Your contact information, including your telephone number, physical address or email address;
- Information about the payment method used (including the card number, expiry date and CVV number of the card used to make the payment);
- Information about your ticket reservation for a show or an event, for your parking or any related ancillary services;
- Your date of birth;
- Your interests and artistic production preferences.
We collect your personal information by various methods through our points of contact (call center, box office, mobile app, websites of the PdA and social networks), especially when you book and purchase a ticket for a show or an event, donate to our Foundation, purchase or use an ancillary service (parking, show package, etc.), contact our customer service, complete a survey or react on our social media accounts.
How Do We Use and Share Your Information
We use and share your personal information primarily:
- To finalise reservation or purchase transactions when you buy a ticket for a show or an event presented by an event provider or by the PdA or other goods and services offered at the time of purchase;
- To determine and verify your identity;
- To respond to your requests for information, manage your customer account and deliver purchased goods and services;
- For marketing, market analysis and survey purposes;
- To target your needs, interests and preferences and to inform you of shows, events, services, benefits, products and goods that may be of interest to you;
- To control the quality of our customer service and to prevent fraud;
- For any other purpose as required or permitted by law.
The PdA offers box office services for various event providers, including its three resident companies (Opéra de Montréal, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens and Duceppe (collectively, the "Resident Companies")), for shows and events that are presented at Place des Arts or elsewhere. Consequently, the PdA, in course of the management of its box office and in connection with the presentation of these shows and events, may in certain circumstances provide some of your personal information to certain event providers at the time of the purchase of tickets. We may as well provide some of your personal information to suppliers of ancillary goods and services offered in connection therewith (parking, show package, ticket delivery services, etc.), and they may contact you directly to advise you directly of notices pertaining to shows or events or services or ancillary products you purchased or to provide promotional offers.
In addition, at the time of your reservation or purchase, by phone, at the box office or online, some of your personal information is collected in a customer account that is shared between the PdA and its Resident Companies in order to facilitate the management of your purchase of tickets or ancillary services and your donations to them. The PdA and its Resident Companies have implemented measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and various transactions made in your account.
The PdA is not responsible for the use or sharing of personal information you provide directly to third party suppliers and cannot be held liable for the policies, procedures and practices of such third party providers with respect to protection of personal information.
The Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented a combination of material, organisational and technological means to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold, to protect such information against loss or theft and to prevent any unauthorized access, transmission, reproduction, use or amendment thereof. The employees of the PdA working at its box office and for its marketing division will have access to your personal information.
When we share personal information with a third party, we take appropriate security measures to ensure such third party’s compliance with the undertakings and rules set forth in this Policy.
When you provide personal information, this information may be sent to servers located in the United States. Local tribunals and legislations will have jurisdiction over the access of your personal information.
Your Right to Access, Rectify and Remove Your Personal Information
Upon written request and subject to proof of identification, you may consult the personal information that we have collected, used or shared, as required or permitted by law.
Accessing the personal information contained in your file and rectifying such personal information is free of charge. However, a small fee may be required, upon notice from us, to cover the costs of processing such requests (e.g. the cost of photocopies).
If you dot no provide the required personal information, we will not be able to create your customer account in order to enable you carry out a transaction by phone or online, and you will have to come to our box office to complete your future purchase of tickets, ancillary services or to make your donation in cash. If you would like to close an existing costumer account, you must contact us by phone (514 842-2112).
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer a “cookie” (a small unique-identifier text file) or series of cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the Web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. For security purposes, we encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user- or member-account-related data that we store in such cookies. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in to our website or use certain of the interactive features offered.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as pixel tags, invisible pixels, Web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. A Web beacon is a small file placed on a Web page that allows a website to perform certain tasks, including counting users who have viewed that page, or to access cookies. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, so as to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, or other activities.
Any comments or questions on this Policy or any access or rectification request concerning your personal information may be addressed, by email or mail, to:
Mr. Nicolas Potvin
Person in charge of personal information protection
Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal
260, boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H2X 1Y9
Updating of this Policy
This Policy is updated as of May 1, 2015 and is subject to amendment to account for the rapid evolution of the rules pertaining to protection of personal information and privacy.